By Holly Sosa
This post may contain affiliate links.
With my Year of Bundt Cakes officially kicked off, I just couldn’t wait until the end of the month to share my February creation. Pretty in pink, this lemonade bundt cake packs tons of bright flavor and is decadently moist, thanks to a secret ingredient: a packet of instant pudding mix. I made this Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake for my women’s Bible study group this week and received several compliments on it.
I started by adding a package of lemon cake mix (you can also use yellow or white cake mix), a packet of instant lemon pudding mix, four eggs, some vegetable oil, milk, a few drops of red food coloring, and a bit of thawed out frozen pink lemonade concentrate to a mixing bowl.
I combined all the ingredients together until they were smooth.
My taste tester then approved the flavor. I passed with flying colors.
From there I simply added the mixture to my already greased bundt cake pan and baked it at 350F degrees for about 45 minutes or so.
The trick with bundt cakes is to make sure that first of all, you’ve got a good thick pan (I use this one). And secondly, to grease that sucker up. And once the cake is cooled, it should pop right out.
I just used some store bought frosting and piped it on using a zip closure bag. And then I topped it with some lemon zest and popped a half of a lemon in the middle for good measure, ha!
Baking is most definitely my favorite love language and when I perfect a recipe like this one, it quickly becomes a go-to for group settings or when dropping off a treat at a friend’s house. It’s lovely to look at and oh so moist. And with the use of store bought cake and pudding mixes, it’s easy to whip up without too much effort. Bundt cakes make a cake look professional and beautiful with literally no effort at all, which is why I’m such a huge fan of this throwback.
- 1 package lemon (or yellow) cake mix
- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 4-6 drops pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease up a bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, lemon concentrate, and milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.